Monday, September 6, 2010

The problem with Sarah Jane

Seriously I know the show needs kiddie-esque villains, but the last doctor got the trickster, a manipulator of time and space for the means of evil... What did Matt do to get a freaking bird as his enemy???

Well hello there children, it's time for a story, are you ready for story time?


Very good


The Sarah Jane Smith Adventures and I have an understanding, they can go off and do their own thing away from me, and I won't beat the kiddie desecration of Who with a large stick. But least year they had the episode Sarah Jane's Wedding, now while this on it's own wasn't enough to interest me the fact that it featured the first cross over appearance of the Doctor (then David Tennant) was enough to pique my interest. You see if we look back to last year we were suffering from a massive Who drought and any looks at Tennant's sexy Doctor were welcome and because I was desperate I was willing to grin and bear the kiddieness.

However it seems that the crossover must have been well watched because it's back again with the new Doctor (Matt 'Bowtie' Smith) with an enemy that looks like a cross between a vulture and a Jim Henson puppet. This raises 2 issues for the show, 1. Because the Doctor is there it breaks our pact and opens itself up to me watching it and murdering it, and 2. the episode will be written by Russell T. Davis.

There will be Blood!

1 comment:

  1. It is hard fro me to watch Sarah Jane now. I want her to be that girl who wandered around with Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee.

    ReplyDelete