Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The TARDIS teleports sideways and into your Wii

So as most of the people who read this know I started my life as a Doctor Who blog before I became a general thoughts (with a bit of a film bias) blog, but occasionally I find a bit of information and decide it must be shared with the world.

That being said I read today that the BBC has decided that they will release a Doctor Who video game on the Wii since it is family friendly... Now guys I have no real problems with the Wii aside from its gimmicky nature, but seriously you are going for the cotton candy jelly-bean crowd? The Pandorica Opens ends with Amy and River dying, this is not a show just for children this is a show also for hardcore fans who write angry blog posts.



The game play its self is another thing that could prove dangerous. There have previously been games on the Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, PC and the PlayStation 2 and I don't think there has ever been an unbridled success amongst them. As the BBC pointed out: "You can't have Doctor Who blowing things to bits with a laser gun. That would massively change the nature of the show." so doing it won't work for the fans and not doing it won't win over gamers. Although I can see how this will work on the Wii, we could have the Wii controller as sonic screwdriver in a point and click adventure where the Doctor is locked in a cage and we use it to control a robot to fight off other robots... best of both worlds right?

No comments:

Post a Comment