Saturday, October 2, 2010

Slow slink back

Why hello!

So as some of you may know I have recently decided that I will be beginning a quest for world domination, so as part of this I have spent the last 2 weeks in the Himalayas with a mad soviet scientist learning the ways of the sickle. So what am I going to do as my come back, why tear into a Doctor Who spin off of course!



So this is the episode called "The Death of the Doctor" which will be the third episode screened of the new Sarah Jane Adventures Series. In theory there is nothing wrong with this episode... okay in  theory there is alot wrong with this show, but lets start with the good things:
1. It has the eleventh Doctor in it. I can't expand on that till I see some footage of him but anything with the Doctor is always an up for me.
2. It has two companions and from the clip I am looking forward to it. The interaction between Sarah and Jo is reminding me a lot of the School episode of DW series 2 how the companions share their experience and an appreciation of what spending time with the Doctor can mean.

But there are also 3 problems evident:
1. There are the kids in it. For every Doctor loving ex-companion conversation this episode will have it will have equal or even out-weighted amounts of 'kiddy' dialogue I know this come with the territory of a kids show label but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.
2. The Villains... Oh the villains, they look like Jim Henson rejects, and they aren't scary in the slightest, I payed the last Doctor episode because it had him up against the last of the trickster bragade and I really would liked to have seen a full episode with 'The Trickster' but these guys don't seem to be scary at all, it is almost asthough a real hack with an axe to grind has come back to write...
3. Which effortlessly streamlines me into my next point the episode is written by Russell T. Davis. I am not going into this you all know what I think of him and thus you can work it out on your own why this is bad.

So yes to recap, I am now going on to take over the world and this episode will be good if you intermittently black out when the ex-companions and the Doctor is on screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment